How we discharge our TCF responsiblities.
With the Financial Conduct Authority's (FCA's) TCF requirements, clients who are considering using Dentons Wealth's products might wish to have a better understanding of how Dentons Wealth* discharges its own responsibilities within the TCF requirements.
TCF is based on satisfying six consumer outcomes:
1. Consumers can be confident they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
This casts a very wide net and involves providing good governance, service, transparent and objective policies and procedures and on-going staff training on what treating customers fairly really means in practice. It comes from the management down and recognises that keeping clients happy is the first building block in business. As part of risk management control, *Dentons Investment Services which trades as Dentons Wealth, is continually reviewing and improving governance procedures, operating procedures, administration processes and training and competence schemes to achieve better outcomes for customers. Management information is obtained which shows both the strengths and the weaknesses in our systems and controls. Where deficiencies are found, Dentons Investment Services will amend the procedures to make them better.
2. Products and services are marketed and sold in the retails market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
Dentons Investment Services are Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) and offer products from the whole of the market. This means that they can identify products and services to match each client’s individual financial circumstances. They are not restricted by a limited range of products and services.
3. Consumers are provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
All literature and communications are reviewed regularly to ensure they are clear, sufficient and technically correct. Dentons Investment Services avoid using jargon as much as possible which is a challenge in such a complex area of finance. Our IFAs and administrators work hard to ensure that our service levels are excellent at all times in the client relationship.
4. Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
Dentons Investment Services undergo a thorough fact-finding process to ensure that advice is based on a full understanding of the client’s circumstances. The products and services that are recommended are from the whole of market.
5. Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
This outcome takes into account aspects of some of the other outcomes, notably the quality of our communications and the client treatment as reflected in our service. Our IFAs have many years’ of experience in the industry and collectively hold qualifications from a number of professional bodies including the Chartered Insurance Institute and the London Institute of Private Banking.
6. Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Dentons Investment Services offer clients regular reviews and their circumstances are re-assessed to ensure that the products and services they have are still appropriate. Where alternative products and services are deemed to be more appropriate our IFAs are happy to recommend switching into them. However, if a change is not considered to be in the client’s best interests then this will not be recommended and this may mean not being able to facilitate a switch or new product that the client requests. If the client wishes to make a complaint against Dentons Investment Services, it is reviewed thoroughly, independently and fairly: please see General information
*Dentons Investment Services Limited trading as Dentons Wealth is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with its registration number being 194538.